I have 16 GB microsd card use in Windows and Ubuntu. When I want to format this card Windows can read only 70.4 MB, Oh it lost a lot. I think Windows can’t read some Linux files. OK let’s clean it up.
With “DiskPart” software in Windows, This work will run in command line, don’t worry it will show step by step. Click on Start menu (Windows logo) and type “diskpart” then click diskpart program.
The DiskPart dialog box will show up.
Then follow this step by step
- list your disk by type “list disk” then enter. it will show all of your disk in your computer. for example I have 500 GB HDD, 8 GB boot up disk and 16 GB microSD. it will show Disk 0 Disk 1 and Disk 2 my 16 GB microSD located in Disk 2.
- Select disk (Disk 2 for me) by type “select disk 2” and enter.
- now clean their space by type “clean” then enter.
- next create partition by type “create partition primary” then enter.
- go to new partition by type “select partition 1” then enter.
- set active by type “active” then enter.
- format it by type “format fs-ntfs quick” then enter and wait until format finish.
- assign dike for use by type “assign” then enter.
- finish. you can exit diskpart by type “exit” and click enter.
the response should be like this image.
Now Windows can see 14.4 GB on microSD disk.